Friday, November 3, 2017

Neutral Cowboy - TGIFC132

Happy Friday Ya'll!  I hope you had a wonderful week and maybe even a little fun trick-or-treating or passing out candy.  We hosted a small gathering at our house for our neighbors on our street before we all ventured out with the kiddos.  Our boys were Alvin, Theodore and Simon =)

Anyway, it is Friday which means we have another new challenge over at TGIF Challenges!  This week was a little challenging.  Brown is actually my second favorite color but to make a card with JUST browns was a little difficult.  I really wanted to add some pop of color!  (White snuck in there, but that's it.)


I kept things simple for two reasons - I wanted the boots to be the fun focal point, and well I completely forgot to make a card until 9:30 last night!

Sometimes though, simple is best.  I colored the boots with the Crumb Cake Light and Dark Blends.  The new Stampin' Blends are really really nice and user friendly.  I find them very easy to use.


The background is embossed with the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I love this look!  The boots are from the Country Life stamp set and the sentiment is from Feather Together.


I hope you take a moment to play along this week! As always we love to see your creations!

Have a blessed weekend!

-Holly



6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card. The sentiment is perfect and your coloring is fantastic. Excited to play with the blends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jody! The blends are so nice - enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Holly--

    Love this card and stamp set! I'm a fan of your work. Thanks for sharing!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete