Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Blessings Reindeer - Guest Designer for GDP065

Hey there!  Thanks for stopping by today!  I have a clean and simple (CAS) card for you today! I am so honored (or honoured as Kylie told me they say in Australia) to be a guest designer for the Global Design Project this week.  Last month my Beautiful You card was chosen as the winner so I was given this opportunity to participate as a design team member for the following color challenge!  I hope you take a moment to check out the rest of the design team's creations and play along!

This color combo didn't really speak anything else to me except Christmas!  And to be quite honest, I reeeeally didn't want to make another Christmas card.  But I am super happy with the one I did end up making and I think you'll like it too!

I used the Foxy Friends Bundle to create this cute little reindeer.  I added some (noncentered) legs with Crumb Cake ink, some Early Espresso antlers and a cute little Real Red nose from the Brights Enamel Shapes pack.  I originally was going to use a real red Project Life card from the Hello December kit, but then I remembered I never put together my Make-n-Take from OnStage, so I had a piece of the Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack from the upcoming Occasions Catalog.


To elongate the square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits, I simply diecut and extra piece and covered it with the sentiment.  The Christmas blessing sentiment comes from the Wonder of Christmas stamp set.


This is not a typical card I make - I'm not a real CAS kind of stamper - but I'm thinking this would be one cute card to make multiples of!  The reindeer is easy to make with the Fox Builder punch.

And with 3 weeks away, I guess it's time I finish my Christmas cards!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Holly


4 comments:

  1. I knew you would whack this colour challenge out of the park Holly. Such a super cute and cheery Christmas Card. Happy to be designing with YOU this week too xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scalloped pattern really helps the reindeer stand out! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You smashed this weeks colour challenge Holly! Great job x

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww Holly, your work is just beautiful and warmth, love this cute foxy reindeer. oh! thats a fun way to elongate the stitches square dies ! :) x Bibi

    ReplyDelete