Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Sorrow for Snooki - GDP062


When my mother visited 2 weeks ago, I asked her to bring a few stamp sets and dies that I don't own.  One of the sets I asked her to bring was Better Together:
Unfortunately, as it always goes, we ran out of time and didn't get to sit down to stamp much.  I was able to stamp a few of the sentiments on some Whisper White CS, knowing I would use them later.  I really liked the sympathy sentiment and that's where today's card came into play.

My dear friend Tina - Tina's Crop Shop - recently lost her dog Snooki.  He wandered off and unfortunately when they found him, it was not the result they had hoped for.  So I thought I would send this card to Tina and her husband.  

The colors are a little more cheerful which I think can sometimes brighten the sorrow.  And the sketch is from the Global Design Project.  I was chosen last week to be their next guest designer for the color challenge - seriously, what an honor! I think GDP is packed full of talented challengers - you never know who's going to pull off the win!  Every time I checked back throughout the week I found a new favorite of mine.  Anyway, you can click on the image below to take you to the challenge site.

The main layer on this card was actually a piece that I almost threw away the other week.  It didn't turn out how I wanted so I ended up just coloring the whole piece with my Aqua Painter and Rich Razzleberry ink.  I set it off to the side of my table and thought it'd get around to it later.  Yay for scrap pieces!!



The color combo for this card is Basic Black, Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry and Peekaboo Peach.


It's never easy to lose a pet.  We had our 3yo son tested for allergies this week because he has patches of eczema on his legs.  After some testing of various pollens and foods, we find out he has a small allergy to cats.  (Like, so small it barely made any indication - but it's still there). It made me really stop to think about how important pets are in our lives.  We have a cat named Snickers that has been in our lives for 9 years and I know it will be so tough on the kids and I (husband not so much) when we have to say goodbye to her.


Okay, now someone please leave me a happy comment!  Tell me something funny about your pet.  I feel like Sadness from Inside Out has taken over my blog... 







6 comments:

  1. Pink and orange, one of my favourite colour combos, thanks for joining in at the Global Design Project this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just perfect for your friend, as is the sentiment. I have never really looked at that set before! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't noticed the great sentiments in that set either. Thanks for sharing your card. We have an adorable 5 year old pugalier (pug and cavalier mix) dog named Pixie. She is a sweetheart. Every day when I come home from work, she cries until I sit down on the couch with my legs on the couch so she can lay on top of my legs. She needs some snuggles and is not satisfied until I spend some time with her. I love it even though she acts like a diva! My husband is her favorite though, and the minute he walks through the door she follows him around and barks at him to play with her. Pets are such blessings. I am sure your friend will be touched by your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also stamp with my mom (and regularly borrow her stamps); isn't it great to have a hobby that spans generations?

    I love your card. The colors are just plain gorgeous and I love how you have used different textures through embossing, background stamping, and using embellishments. This is sure to brighten your friend's day. Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "lost" my pet when I brought Julia home from the hospital and he didn't want to share Mommy. (Yes, we did everything the pet advisors told us to prior.) He lives in another state with my husband's mother, but we don't even get to see him when we visit. :(
    HOWEVER, many funny memories still remain - he was a Jack Russell, so their antics are constant. For instance, he'd leap from the bathtub and run in circles through our kitchen/living room and up on the couch, literally running *on the wall* he would run so fast! And the time we heard banging on the wall and came out to see his face in the doritos bag, up to his chest, and he wouldn't get it off because he was licking the corners of the bag. (Who hasn't tried that? ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly you are such a sweet friend. I received this masterpiece today! It is absolutely gorgeous and so so appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete