Friday, July 29, 2016

Beautiful (Beachy) Blessing - TGIFC66

Happy Friday everyone!  We had a great week here in MN with nicer (cooler) temperatures and lots of rain for the garden - but now we have too many misquitos!  I also hosted my first stamp class at my house since we moved here and all 6 ladies that came had a blast!  I've never had two classes going on at once - so I'm very excited!

But, enough about me!  We have a new challenge over at TGIF Challenges - we are picking our favorites from JUNE and casing them.  It could be a design team member or a challengers card from TGIFC #62-65.  Pick one you like and share both the original and your take on it!  Simple enough!


The last two times we have done this challenge, I chose two challengers cards.  This week I was inspired by this card made by a fellow DT member - Jennifer Frost.

I love the watercolored background and the beachy feel.


I didn't want to use the same set for the focal point, so I decided on another sea themed stamp set.


The lighthouse is from the set From Land to Sea and it's paired with the sentiment from Rose Wonder.


I wanted to add some color to my card so I added some Calypso Coral Thick TwineBy the Shore DSP stack & I colored the lighthouse and oval with my Aqua Painter.


I also stamped the background a few times with the sentiment.  I love the graphic look of repeated words.


So there you have it!  I hope you liked the card (and the original)!  I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's challenge!

Blessings!
-Holly



2 comments: