Friday, April 8, 2016

TGIFC50 - Sketch Challenge with Awesomely Artistic

TGIF!! Happy Friday!! 
Okay, you're probably a little more excited than I am because my Fridays are like a Tuesday for our family.  But nonetheless, Friday means there is a new challenge going on over at TGIF Challenges!  Last week I did not participate.  The first weekend of the month usually means a Sunday post and Monday post with two other design teams that I am on, so the break was needed.  BUT the cards were all great!  Always tough to choose our favorite!

This week we have a sketch challenge for you and I looooooove it!  It was so fun to make this card and I think sketches are my favorite kind of challenges!




I chose 3 colors I don't normally use (one of which I hate to admit, I didn't even know was still current!)
I never use Elegant Eggplant but wouldn't you know I've used it twice now this month!
I also chose Delightful Dijon and Cucumber Crush.


I think the pop off of the kraft cardstock really brings it together.  
The panels really stand out - literally and figuratively :)


I shaded around all of the flowers with Sahara Sand and then added a few splatters as well.



I hope you join us for this week's challenge!  Make sure you tag your creations on IG, Pinterest and share around the web!  We love to see you tag TGIF Challenges facebook page too!

Have a great weekend!
-Holly 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. What stamp set did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryl! This was made with Awesomely Artistic by SU! No other stamps were used :)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card, Holly! I love, love, love this! Gorgeous colouring. I really love the colour combo. I don't really use Elegant Eggplant that much either but it works so well in your card! I love that you've stamped over all the panels and then the panels at the bottem are different sizes. An all round fantastic card! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete