Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ten Minute Tuesday - Lilacs Abloom!

 
Sunday I finally was able to pick some of my lilacs from my backyard.  Last year was our first spring living here and when I came home last May from visiting family for a week, I was surprised to see lilacs!  This year I did not want to miss out on enjoying them - because they come and go so quickly!
 
 
 
In fact, these were already dying quicker than I had anticipated so yesterday I stopped in to see my friend Jed at Thompson's Floral and Antiques (an awesome stop if you're ever in Rhode Island).  Jed had these locally grown Rhode Island lilacs and I just loved the different shades of purple and even some white...
 
Needless to say, they came home with me!  And if you can't have flowers in a vase, the next prettiest thing is flowers wrapped in brown paper.  It reminds me of someone who lives in the city and just stops on their way home from work and the florist hands them a bouquet wrapped in paper.  Maybe I'm weid, but I love it!
 
 
 
So I thought I would make a tag for Ten Minute Tuesday and show you how quick you can make something special even more special with a personal touch! 
(These weren't given away... sorry my friends!  This is just for show!) :)
 
 
For the tag, I took a 2" strip of Whisper White CS and stamped the leaves from the Summer Silhouettes in Old Olive.  The ribbons are both "available" but the chevron is retiring and the Old Olive is on the clearance rack.  I added a little snippet of a lace doily, but the picture isn't the best.
 
The sentiment is from a new hostess set out of the new catalog!  Sneak peeks are fun, are they not?
 
And for the lilacs I took a stamp from the Summer Silhouettes set and only colored part of the stamp.  I love how it turned out! 
 
 
So there you have it!  Ten Minute Tuesday :)  I think the blog writing took longer than it did to actually make the tag!  Haha!
 
See you Thursday for some birthday invites for a princess that are adorable!
 
-Holly
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment