Friday, May 15, 2015

Moments Like These - Love You Everyday!

Happy Friday everyone!  Today I have a card I'm so excited to share with you!  You are getting a sneak peek at a brand new stamp set and two of the new in-colors!  I got my package in the mail yesterday and last night after the boys were all asleep I got to work on my first card!
 
This is exactly what I had invisioned when I saw the 'Moments Like These' stamp set on the pre-order.  This stamp set has every day of the week - and well, since I love my husband every single day (sometimes more than others) - I wanted to make a card to let Shawn know! 
 
 
I stamped the days of the week over and over on the Whisper White card stock.  This color is Tip Top Taupe and it is awesome!  It's a cross between a smoky slate/dark crumb cake.  I love it!  AND because this set is a photopolymer set, lining the words up was super easy!
 
 
I added a few of the Mint Macaron sequins from the Moments Like These PLxSU accessories kit.  The arrow is currently on the retiring list - get it while you can!

 
The striped paper is new and a special paper to make envelopes with.  It comes in the new in-colors and I am glad I ordered two packs.  I think I'll be using this a lot!
 
 
So after all was said and done, I finished my card last night and woke up to see the new challenge over at Fab Friday was pretty dang close to what I made.  Here's the sketch:
 
 
Now I know the accent isn't in the same spot, but it's up to the artist's interpretation.  Maybe the one sequin will help! haha!
 
Can't wait to share more of the new goodies with you!! Stay tuned!
 
-Holly



6 comments:

  1. Great use of those days of the week stamps! I totally overlooked those on the preorder...might need to add them to my wish list! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Amanda- just saw you commented! Thanks for the sweet comment! Hope you are enjoying your preorder goodies too! Loved your balloon card!

      Delete
  2. Hi Holly, LOVE your fabulous card! It's a great design with so many fun details like the text background you created. I'll be taking a second look at Tip Top Taupe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy for taking time to comment! Tip Top Taupe is a lovely color! A new favorite!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Holly! I love the focal point sentiment and the way you used the new paper her. Thanks for playing along with this sketch challenge at FabFriday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, never thought to use the days of the week stamps that way! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete