Sunday, May 3, 2015

CYCI#68 A Sketch Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone!  Hope you all have enjoyed your weekend so far.  The temps are warmer here in Rhode Island - we might even get in the 70s today :)  If you're having yucky weather, what a perfect excuse to stamp!  How about an all new Can You Case It? Challenge!  This week we have a sketch challenge for you - and a simple one at that!  Come join us!

Oh, and if your weather isn't yucky, you can still play along! :)

Here is the sketch followed by the card I came up with.  Be sure to check out the other cards made by the talented design team too.

 
I borrowed the Cheerful Critters set from my mom for a day and stamped a few black and white images of this bear.  I didn't know at the time how fitting it would be for this sketch. 

 
I added the Happy Birthday sentiment from "Crazy About You" as the background.  I love how you can line the photopolymer sets up so easily!  I framed the sentiments layer with the Birthday Bash DSP.  My son Eli said it was his favorite part.  Got to love honest 4 year olds to tell you what they like! No, not the cute bear - the confetti border... :)
 
Speaking of the cute little bear... I added a party hat since he's such a party animal!  The hat and sentiment are from the set "From the Herd". 
 
 
I wanted to do something fun on the inside.  The balloon is also from the "From the Herd" set.  It made a fun background, right?  I will miss this set!  (All three sets and the DSP are from the Occasions Catalog and time is running out to order!)

 
I hope you were inspired to join us this week!  Thanks for stopping by!
 Now head on over to Can You Case It? and play along!  Have a great Sunday!
 
-Holly
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment: