Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mother's Day Cards - Ready for orders!

Now don't go assuming I'm skipping Easter because I am posting Mother's Day cards.  I am most certainly not.  But I do know how overwhelmed I felt with Valentine's Day orders so I wanted a head start. :) 

Here are the two designs I've come up with:

The first one is a simple card to make.  I used framelits to cut out the MOM and stamped the front and inside with the Painted Petals stamp set.  Simple enough!



I just love these flowers! I hope this is a carryover set!


The second card I made features the flowers from the Indescribable Gift stamp set.  I believe there cherry blossoms.  To get the colored effect, I stamped the two splatter stamps from Gorgeous Grunge over the petals.


I then took my aqua painter and added soft suede ink.  I just flicked the tip of it to add the messy look to the front.  I hadn't tried this trick yet and was quite pleased.  I can't take credit - but I'm not sure either where I read this tip.  


I added ribbon and a button to the front and stamped the inside of the card too.




These cards were a lot of fun to make.  I hope that they bring a smile to whatever mom or "friend" may receive them.  

To all my friends who have lost their moms, I love you.  Keep smiling :)

And to my BFF waiting for an adoption, I pray this is your last Mother's Day alone! <3

Happy stamping! 

- Holly 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment