Friday, February 27, 2015

Refresh Renew Rejoice - Prayer Journal



Most mornings I don't get around to my quiet time with The Lord.  I'm not disciplined enough to wake up earlier before the boys do because let's face it, they wake me! EARLY!  Our 8 month old hasn't quite mastered sleeping through the night and his recent ear infection isn't helping.  Needless to say, I'm slacking on my time in His word because I'm so tired.  And I can't say I don't have time to myself because I do.  It's just that I can stamp with noise. 

However, one of my struggles is that I will tell someone I'll pray for them and I forget to add them to my prayer list.  So the thought came to me last night that I should make a prayer journal.  (You know we don't need to always rely on our ipads/computers… we CAN use other forms of note taking.) :)  This way, I can carry it with me and add to it when needed.  


For this journal, I used a new Easter set from Stampin' Up! called Indescribable Gift - perfectly named I think!  I love the look of the flowers!  I stamped the vellum with whisper white craft ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I then turned the vellum over to color the flowers with blendabilities.  Not only do the colors not wipe off, you can still see the bright white outlines on the other side without them being colored.  (If you were to color on the embossed portion with blendabilities, it would stay colored.)


I also stamped the background of the journal in crumb cake with the flowers and the "Refresh Renew Rejoice" stamp.  I originally stamped and embossed the saying on the journal in Calypso Coral, but they didn't quite match the calypso coral flowers that I colored on the vellum.  I added some linen thread and dimension to the saying and it's done!


Such a sweet reminder that we can be refreshed & renewed because of Jesus and we can Rejoice in His indescribably gift of love!

Have a blessed Friday!
-Holly


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Holly, this prayer journal is just beautiful! I didn't realize that you could use the blendabilites on vellum and how brilliant to color the back side. I will definitely give this a try. I love this new stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete