Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Time to relax!

I apologize for abandoning all of you faithful followers of mine :) I'm still here and alive (my poor boys have missed their momma too!)  I know it's been quite sometime since I posted last, but I promise, I will be posted more frequently.  I recently signed up again to be a demonstrator with SU and my goal is to try out for the artisan design team (which requires an active blog).  Anyway, I've been very busy prepping for my first craft show here in Rhode Island.  This was my third show overall that I have done.  All have been a flop.  Boy, do I know how to pick the winners!  The craft show was very small and slow (the rain didn't help) but I didn't know any better being new to the area.  I suppose I chose it because the fee was very small but I also thought it was at the fire station on main street in my town.  Instead it was on a back country road I've never been on.  It wasn't in the newspaper on Friday and I didn't see a single advertisement for it.  :(

you live and you learn.

But, regardless, I was very excited for my booth!  I absolutely love making cards and sharing with others what I love!  You could also say I was very proud of my display.  My husband took an old pallet and made some boxes to display my cards.  He's the best!  I also found an awesome 6 pane window at an antique store a few weeks back for $3.75(!!) and strung the chalkboard banner from Stampin' Up! that I purchased last week during the extravaganza.  I added some chalk labels from Hobby Lobby and I was set!  

So, over the next few days I will be sharing some of the cards I made in preperation for the booth.  Tonight I will just show you the end result :)


I used my Halloween tombstones as message boards.  My friend Jamie picked up on it, but I don't know who else knew! Shhhhh! :)



Lots of cards - or caaads as they're pronounced in New England.
Single Christmas cards and 5pks.


Tags were 50c, gift card holders were $1.50 and the wine tags were $2.50 or 2/$4








My intentions with the Rudolph's spares were to fill the 1x8" cellophane bags (from SU) with red sixlets that I ordered off amazon.  Unfortunately the package was lost in the mail and never showed.  However, I had enough red rolos to fill 2 curvy keepsake boxes.  I didn't sell any treat boxes though, so at least Eli's preschool and Sunday school gifts are started!

I also made the sugar scrub - you can find the recipe here.  They make great stocking stuffers! The tag is made from the Sweet Season digital stamp set.  I always wanted the set and when I found it online I bought it, added it to MDS and printed them out.  Simple as that!

The lady who had a booth beside won my raffle basket items.  She was so excited and maybe, just maybe, I have a future customer!  I loved the tag I made for the coffee :) (don't mind the picture -- this was on the [dirty] raffle prize table).


Anyway, hope you enjoyed the samples :) will post more this week!

happy stamping!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment