Thursday, March 23, 2017

Circus Fun for GDP079

Wow! It has been awhile since I've played along with the Global Design Project.  In fact, the last one I think I did (according to my saved photos) is GDP065 when I was a guest - and #61 before that!  When I saw this week's challenge I knew I wanted to play along.  The Cupcakes & Carousels stamp set from Stampin' Up! is probably the obvious choice - but these fun images in the set are hard not to use for this theme.


I have not used this set as much as I had hoped but I have found that I really like this sentiment.  I used my Stampin' Write Markers to color the sentiment for some extra fun detail.  When I think of the amusement park or the carnivals I think of all the fun colors, fonts and lights that are on the food trucks/buildings.
 I added some Bermuda Bay DSP from the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack on the bottom half of the Calypso Coral card base.  (This card is 3"x 6")


I created my own banner by simply adding some extra white cardstock at an angle underneath the sentiment.  Cut each piece like a small banner and place a Stampin' Dimensional between the pieces of white CS.


Extra details on this card include the Peekaboo Peach enamel dots from the In-Color Enamel Shapes, some Peekaboo Peach 3/8" Ruched Ribbon and some Calypso Coral splatter made with an Aqua Painter.


I masked the tent image a few times - looks like a grand circus!


I hope you like this card!  Makes me want to go to the state fair now! :)

Be back tomorrow for our 100th challenge for TGIF!

Blessings,
Holly



1 comment:

  1. So much to love about this, Holly. I love the longer format, the touches of orange, but especially how dynamic that Designer Series Paper on the lower half makes the whole card jump off the page. Super sweet. Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete