Monday, December 12, 2016

Chase Your Dreams, Beautiful You!



Most days I don't do well when my desk is a mess.

Fortunately, last night I had a bunch of new stamp sets scattered on my table while I worked on a few cards for a friend using Beautiful You.  That's when, in the corner of my eye, I caught the Chase Your Dreams set and I was inspired to combine the two sets!

The results are pretty awesome if I may say so myself.  I'm loving these two sets together!  I really like the Chase Your Dreams set but hadn't figured out a card with it yet.  This was a happy little marriage of stamps!


I made 3 cards with this set for a friend's granddaughters - 17, 15 & 14.  She said the oldest liked vintage style and I think this silhouette is the "most vintage" of the 3.  I decided to tie in the French sophisticated look with the Arc de Triomphe in the background.


I made a simple and stepped of version of this card.  You can see the beautiful watercoloring on the simpler card.  This was done with the new Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter on Shimmery White CS.


For the stepped up version I added a small bow made with the Smoky Slate 1/8" Stitched Ribbon.  I added Stampin' Dimensionals to the sentiment to make it stand out a little more.


For the second card, I took the single skyscraper from Chase Your Dreams and stamped the image at different heights across the base of the card.  I also only inked parts of the skyscraper to change the skyline.  I filled in any lines with a Project Life Journaling Pen (the 01 size).


My favorite part of this card is the angled sentiment.  I actually only stamped it at an angle to fit on the scrap of black cardstock, but when I went to cut it out, I thought it looked neat like this.  I added some Blooms & Wishes DSP to both the umbrella and behind the sentiment, finishing it off with Black Metallic Thread, a Delicate White Doily and some Daffodil Delight Enamel Dots (Brights Collection).


This second card I went on a whim with the sketch from Global Design Project this week.  I flipped the sketch on it's side and played off the greeting and line (bow) part of the sketch.  I think that's what make sketches fun - not everyone sees the same thing when they look at it!  (I flipped the icon just to help you imagine it!)  Be sure to head to GDP and check out the rest of the cards for inspiration!

Have a blessed week!  I will be enjoying my last week being 3-0.  My birthday is in a week!  Make sure you come back to celebrate with me!

-Holly



5 comments:

  1. Holly, this card is amazing and an interesting use of the sketch. I love how you turned it on its side. I also love how you "married" the two different stamp sets. Thanks for playing along this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are fabulous! I love how you combined the two stamp sets to come up with something entirely new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is not to love about these beautiful creations?!! I wish I had got the Chase Your Dreams set now too. What a great idea to combine the two sets and flip the sketch! Love them both Holly. Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards as always Holly. I love happy accidents like you had with the sentiment! Looking forward to seeing your new watermark appear shortly :) Thanks so much for sharing your creations and for joining in with this week's Global Design Project <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Holly! Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week. xo

    ReplyDelete