Friday, November 18, 2016

In Everything Give Thanks - TGIFC82

Well here we are less than a week until Thanksgiving and the "fall" feeling will soon be replaced with Christmas music, holiday decorations and shopping.  Oh yeah and that white cold stuff falling out of the sky!  Today we are supposed to have our first snow fall here in Minnesota.  They're actually calling for 3-5" of snow!  So much for easing into it with some flurries. 

So to celebrate the beautiful season of Autumn one last time - we have a fall theme at TGIF Challenges this week!  Or leaves, or brown/yellow/orange.  Whatever you get out of this challenge, go for it!
We were so happy to see 20 challengers this past week! What a great turnout! :)


I had this idea in my mind to make a cornucopia with a new stamp set... I just couldn't get the ice cream cone to look right.  I was way overthinking things - but thought it'd look cute with the pumpkins and gourds.  I decided to just use this bunch of pumpkins and gourds from the Basket of Wishes stamp set and nix the cornucopia idea...



If you don't know by now, Banner Blessings is a very special set to me.  I was fortunate enough to create this stamp set for Stampin' Up! to produce.  It was a very awesome and rewarding opportunity!


I fussy cut the banner from the stamped image and covered the bottom of the pumpkins.  I actually drew in the bottoms of the pumpkins and gourds with my Project Life Journaling Pen and colored the images with my Blender Pens.


I used the Moroccan DSP for the edges of the card and finished the card off with some Delightful Dijon 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon, Gold Metalic Thread and the Metallic Enamel Shapes.


I hope that you join us this week!  We love to see your work!

Have a blessed weekend!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment