Sunday, December 6, 2015

Creation Station Blog Hop - Winter Wonderland Christmas

 
I'm am so excited to share with you some exciting news for my 200th post!!  If you came from Denita's site, thanks for stopping by my blog.   I did not see myself with three small boys actually keeping up with a blog and making it to 200 posts but here I am and now I am on a new design team!
 
Let's just say, I am so honored to be among the talented ladies on this team (two who are SU artisans might I add). :)  I took a break from 3 other blog hops earlier this fall because we recently moved from Rhode Island to Minnesota.  We still aren't settled into our house (living with in-laws) but I've found time to stamp again and was recently asked to join this awesome Creation Station design team.  I thought I'd take the offer - haha!  Thank you Jen and Dena for having faith in me!  I'm so excited to join you all!  And thank you to my followers/subscribers and fans for encouraging me to get to 200!
 
This month's theme is obviously Christmas!  I did not have either of the Christmas sets that you may see others using on this hop, but I did have the Winter Wonderland vellum so I wanted to focus on that.  Here is what I came up with:
 
 
The pack comes in two colors: black on vellum and gold on vellum.  The gold is certainly easier to use on cards in my opinion, so I wanted to go out of my comfort zone (and color pallet) and use the black/vellum sheets.  This color combo certainly isn't Christmas-y, but the cookies are the distraction!
 
 
A little ink sponged on the wooden snowflake is a quick way to add color.
 
 
For the card, I wanted to add the same vellum that I used for the treat bag and overlay the Wonderland pine tree image.  Love the way that turned out!

 
Here's a close up of the inside detail.

 
The sentiment is a mix of the PL Seasonal Snapshot 2015 set and the White Christmas set.
 
I NEED to know what that calligraphy font is... or SU needs an alphabet set with it.  #justsayin'
 
 
So there you have it!  I sure hope you enjoyed these projects and were inspired.  I'm excited to be on this new team and can't wait to show you some new catalog goodies next month!  Make sure you make your way around the hop to check out all the talent.  You can head back to Denita or onto Jennifer.  Just click the buttons below.
 
Happy Sunday to you!
-Holly 

http://denitawright.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/creation-station-bloghop-christmas.html    http://www.stampinglane.com/2015/12/creation-station-blog-hop-christmas-is.html

 



 

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors you went with, the treat bag and card are GORGEOUS! I especially like the way you embellished the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Holly!!! Such gorgeous creations. You have had a lot of things going on and you manage these 2 beautiful creations. Love them. D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combo! I love how you put two stamps together to make the greeting! Brilliant! And finally we get work together on a blog hop! First of many to come my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these color combinations and I love how you used one of my favorite sets, Gorgeous Grunge. (And your cookies look yummy, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog on astrology thanks for share … Nice Post !! your writing skills is very unique and informative.Double Dhamaka offer | Men's fashion accessories

    ReplyDelete