Tuesday, June 16, 2015

TGIF Throw Down - Guest Designer!

Today I have an exciting post to share!  I am beyond honored to be a guest designer over at TGIF Challenges and I can finally let the cat out of the bag!  James (the Stampin' Stud) asked me a few weeks ago if I would like to be a guest designer for their new Throw Down Challenge in June.  Do you think I would say no?!  I even unpacked some moving boxes so I could play! (kidding!)
 
Here's the scoop - and I hope you're inspired to join the fun.  If you have watched the food show Chopped, this is kind of like the "stamping" version of the show.  (I personally LOVE the show and actually auditioned once for a military special.  I like to think I cook as well as I stamp, but I'll leave the judging to you!)  And I'm not sure if this idea was from James or Mercedes, but kudos either way!
 
 
So here it is!  The first TGIF throw down!  Your "basket ingredients" are listed below and you must use at least 4 of the items shown.  There is also a list of "pantry items" here.  I think the limited pantry items is what threw me off. 
 
 
 
I chose 5 of the "ingredients" - I left out the Butterfly Thinlits.
 
If you don't quite see the Work of Art Stamp - you can scroll down... but not too far!
 
 
I used my aqua painter and Blackberry Bliss Ink pad to make the splatter.  I cut an additional hello out in the Gold Foil as a layer. It adds some extra glitz! :)
 
 
 
I also sponged a doily to bring in extra color. (Doilies, whisper white twine and aqua painters are approved "pantry" items.)
 
 
To get the look of the Hello thinlit, I used Blushing Bride & Blackberry Bliss inks and stamped the larger "smear" looking stamp.  (I apologize for not having a better term to describe it!) Haha!
I stamped the Blackberry Bliss off once so the splatter would show a little darker.  Once I cut the thinlit out, I decided I would save the scraps and make a second card.
 
Now you can see where the Work of Art ties in.
:)
 
 
I hope this has inspired you to think outside of the "basket" and that you join the TGIF Throw Down Challenge.  The winner moves on to the finals!
 
Thanks to the TGIF Design Team for making me feel special!  It's an honor to play along with you all!  Thank you to my readers for stopping by! :)
 
-Holly
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge and an gorgeous card Holly! Congrats on the Guest Designer gig too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly your cards are just beautiful! Great use of the challenge goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple yet so much incorporated without being "busy" great card

    ReplyDelete