Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pals Paper Arts 249 - Birthday for a Friend

Next week is one of my sweet friend Sasha's birthday.  She was a childhood friend and bridesmaid.  She even dated my brother (haha) :)  She also just became a mom for the first time this year.  This card would work for a birthday or a Mother's Day card, but I will be sending it as a birthday.

The layout was inspired by the Pals Paper Arts challenge.  Here is the sketch!  You should play along with me :)




I've been on this watercolor kick lately.  Maybe because it's relaxing to "paint"?  


I added crystal effects on the flowers to make them pop (and shine).  


Kept the inside simple as usual.  It's hard for me to make a plain inside card anymore.  Doesn't take much to add some ink and scraps.  


Hope this inspires you to break out the water coloring tools.  
Happy birthday Sasha! And happy stamping friends!

-Holly-










4 comments:

  1. Holly, you're watercoloring is amazing! I love the colors you chose and the soft look you achieved! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercoloring. Im sure Sasha wil love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I agree with you, watercoloring is relaxing. Your card is so pretty. I especially like the touch of the crystal effects! So glad you joined us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete