Saturday, July 26, 2014

Christmas in July and some special news ;)

I can't believe July is almost over! That means my littlest one is already a month old and my sister is soon to have a baby boy too. (She's due in early august).. this also means I'm running out if time to make Christmas cards in July! I signed up for a swap on a Facebook group and this is the card I came up with. 


I always wanted the Greeting Card Kids stamp set and when it retired I missed my chance.  Then I stumbled upon it at a yard sale for $4! Score!! This is the first time using it and I love it!

I'm learning with 3 kids now that it's easier to cut everything and then assemble.  You never know when one, two or all three are crying! 


I gave the card some dimension too.  The boring white card was bugging me so I had to distract the eyes :)



Can't wait to see the swaps I get in return! ;)


Now on to the cool news!  Yesterday my (unnamed) childhood friend sent me a message saying she and her hubby are expecting their first child! This makes me so giddy :) I'm secretly hoping she has a boy.

So I got this new stamp set and I knew it was perfect to make her card with.  I've actually never sent a "congrats/I'm happy your expecting" card .. Never had the stamp set for it.  Plenty of friends to send one to, but never sent one!  I guess she's my lucky friend :)

So here it is: 



used the new hostess set Hello Love (adorable) and I added lots of dimension and flare.


 I don't know what I love more - the card or my friends exciting news!! 

Kidding... you know it's the card.

Kidding again! It's the news! Yay for the soon to be mom and dad ;) (love you guys!)






No comments:

Post a Comment