Friday, June 27, 2014

Jammilicious

So aside from choosing to do some stamping over nesting, I also decided Sunday that I would attempt canning.  We had picked strawberries earlier last week and I need to do something with them quick.  We did enjoy some nights with strawberry shortcake, but that couldn't stop me from checking out Pinterest.  That's where I found a recipe for pectin-free jelly.  Nothing against pectin at all ... I just didn't have any! Plus this girl shared her great grandmas recipe, so I trusted her grandma to rock some jelly!



First I took what was left of these amazingly sweet strawberries we picked and I placed them in my food processor. I puréed them until I got the consistency I wanted.  I like mine on the thinner side (left some chunks, but not many).

Stirred that with the sugar and let it sit for 3 hours. 

Washed the jars my husband so kindly went and bought.
(Recipe says it makes 10 half pint jars... I got 6 out of my batch, but I was most likely short on strawberries)


I brought the strawberry and sugar mix to a boil and added the lemon juice.


Filled the jars and placed them back in boiling water for 10 minutes.


They sealed really easily and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out! Unless I got the 10 jars it was supposed to make :)


Give it a try! I know we will be back for more strawberries! I want to make more for us and more for gifts!



No comments:

Post a Comment